For 30 years , Zip Zap Circus has been a formidable force for social change
15 000 beneficiaries, alumni in 41 cities across 21 countries, performed in 22 countries and 41 cities.
For the past 14 years Zip Zap Dome is used for both Zip Zap performances and for corporate event hire and also welcomes outreach programmes, artistic creations and collaborations. The Income derived from the Dome accounts for 50% of Zip Zap’s income.
A transformational capital project to build a new state-of-the art performance hall in the centre of Cape Town, attracting international recognition of the circus as a tool for social change and enabling Zip Zap to become a self-sustaining social enterprise.
This is a golden opportunity to build a permanent, iconic landmark performance hall for Zip Zap Social and Professional Circus. Located at the main entrance of the Artscape Precinct in Cape Town Central a 50 year lease with 50-year extension has been granted at R100 per annum with no escalation.
(1) The Performance Hall will be completed to a high standard.
(2) Jobs will be created within Zip Zap and externally.
(3) Zip Zap’s beneficiaries will have raised aspirations and opportunities to perform.
(4) Zip Zap’s profile will be raised nationally and internationally.
(1) Zip Zap will become a self-sustaining social enterprise.
(2) Circus will become more broadly recognised as a tool for social change.
(3) Diversity in the performing arts will increase
(4) Social cohesion and employment will increases in Cape Town.
R 73 950 051 – USD 4 299 822
Contingencies & escalation
R 7 160 523 – USD 416 349
Fees & Disbursements
R 18 979 874 – USD 1 103 584
R 1 359 464 – USD 79 046
Furniture Fitting Equipment
R 19 677 654 – USD 1 144 156
R 121 127 566 – USD 7 042 957