Zip Zap would like to convey a heart-felt Thank You to Alain Pacherie and the team at Cirque Phenix for providing us with an opportunity to showcase our show Rhapsodie to French audiences over the past 3 months. Not only have they put Zip Zap on the world stage; they have also broadened the horizons of our young performers. For some of the younger cast members this was their first trip overseas.
Rhapsodie included traditional and contemporary circus acts, accompanied by a 14-piece troupe of musicians, led by conductor Chad Hendricks, and dynamic Cape Town vocalists, Janine and Riyaan Cornelius.
Between November 2022 and February 2023:
- Rhapsodie was performed at Cirque Phenix, Europe’s biggest dome-style circus tent, with a seating capacity of 5 000 per performance.
- 350 000 audience members attended Rhapsodie performances.
- There were more than 100 performances of Rhapsodie.
- A total of 200 hours of Rhapsodie was staged.
- Rhapsodie was performed in 13 cities in France, starting at Cirque Phenix in Paris and ending its run in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Rhapsodie travelled 4 500km throughout France and Switzerland.
‘We are immensely grateful to have had this opportunity to share the artistic talent of South Africa with international audiences. ‘Co-founder and CEO of Zip Zap, Laurence Esteve.’